• The interest rate payable is 8.40% annually. The investment doubles in 8 years and 7 months. The interest earned is fully taxable.
• This account can be opened by individuals. NRIs, corporates, trusts and other institutions cannot invest in KVP.
• On maturity of the term, if the maturity proceeds are not withdrawn then post office savings account interest rate is payable on the deposit and that too for only upto maximum 2 years.
• KVP certificate can be pledged as a security to avail a loan against it.
• The certificates are transferable from one post office to another. Also the certificates are transferable from one person to another.
• Nomination facility is available.
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme – POMIS • Minimum investment is of INR 1000 or in multiples of INR 1000. • The tenure of the investment is 6 years. • The interest rate payable is 8% per annum. The interest is payable monthly. This monthly interest can be directly credit to the savings account, if that is also maintained with the post [...]...